Monday, August 13, 2012

Could not say it better myself!!

I love writing.  I love doing this blog.  But sometimes it is best if I shut my yapper and let someone else do the talking, especially when that someone else is Jesus.

We were discussing Matthew Chapter 18 yesterday, talking about temptation, sin, causing each other to stumble, forgiveness and forgiving each other.  During one of the section we came across this verse that made me think of our Youth girls.

Jesus is speaking here, Matthew 18:6, "but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea."

Wow!!

Talk about the love of Jesus!  Those are some pretty intense words.

Now the reason I thought about the Youth girls with this verse is because we have had the argument with them about wearing modest clothing.  We have brought up the point that wear clothing that has low amounts of fabric and thus exposes great amounts of skin, contributes to the male battle with staying on the pure and NOT lustful road.  There argument of course is, it's not their problem if a guys sins because of what they are wearing, that is on the guy.  Then others make it clear that they love the attention they receive from the male population when they wear skimpy clothing...but is that the kind of attention a girl should desire from a guy?!?

Like I said earlier sometimes it's best to let someone else do the talking.  I found this article on crosswalk.com, talking about this very subject.  Here is the link.
http://www.crosswalk.com/family/singles/why-what-women-wear-matters.html?utm_source=facebook

check it out!!

Remember the words of Jesus, if you cause someone else in the faith to sin...the results are not good!!

May our LORD be with you
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment