Thursday, December 22, 2011

Faithfulness

For the longest time I had no idea what this word meant...then I got into Youth Ministry.

Faithfulness mean tha people know that they can count on you. Faithfulness means that you are someone whom people can rely on. that they can put their full faith in you that what you say you will do will for sure be done.

I am told by parents time and time again how grateful they are for the presence of our Ministry in the lives of their children...why? I think it's because in this fast pace world, we are one of the only consistent things in their lives and that is what it means to be faithful or to have faithfulness.

I will be honest with you, there are so many Wednesday nights when I don't feel like having Youth Group. I am tired and I am beaten down and I don't think I can handle these students and the problems they are going through and yet I know that I need to be there and be 100% for them. I need to have faithfulness.


Last night was one of those nights. I was really tired and didn't think I could handle it but the more I thought about it, God slapped me around and made me realize I need to be Faithful to these kiddos because faithfulness is not common in their lives. But that is pretty typical in the world we live in, faithfulness is a rare commodity. As we read the scriptures we find that it is one of the RESULTS of having God's Spirit living in you. So if you claim to follow Christ this is one of the tell tale signs.

But as I pointed out earlier it is not always easy to be faithfull. We get in the way of ourselves. However if we are faithful to God in the little things of our ministries, like showing up, He will fill in the rest. Scripture says that the He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.

Let me give you some examples. It is those times when a parent shows their gratitude or a student gives their lives to Jesus and says they want to go into the business of helping young people find their way back to God that make a little bit of suffering worth it all. Those are the results of our faithfulness. Sticking with it even when it is hard. Being there and being consistent, even when we don't feel like it. That is faithfulness.

I pray that you will show faithfulness.

May our LORD be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment