Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Verbal Vomit

When I get worked up about something it is hard for me not to voice my opinion.  However I am getting better at using that filter in my brain.  Lately though, it has been really hard to keep my mouth closed especially when it comes to people's comments on certain social media sites.  People make the most outlandish, uneducated, brash remarks, at times I can hardly believe the commentary I am reading.  The Internet is a great tool but unfortunately it is also used for people to spew their verbal vomit all over everyone else.  Every time I read something it takes a lot not to comment back but I remember the words of Jesus in the Sermon on the mount, "don't cast your pearls before swine because they will trample on you", and trample they do. 

Take for example this once instance that my wife encountered.  Someone posted an uplifting picture referencing God and how He uses people whom we would think are unusable.  The comments, from people who claim to be non-believers and such, went a flyin'.  The funny thing is, when they would comment about their unbelief, believers would try to encourage and speak in love to them in a non-judgemental way and the unbelievers would then revile the believers and tear them down. 

It makes me sad and mad all at the same time.  Then this morning I was reading in Psalm 73.  David is complaining to God about the wicked people he sees getting ahead in life and asks what is going on.  Then about half way through David makes this statement, "But I thought how to understand this, it seemed to me a wearisome task, until I went into the sanctuary of God; then I discerned their end.  Truly you set them in slippery places; you make them fall to ruin". 

I though about this for a bit and found that I have similar feelings and thoughts with David.  I think how crazy these people are and how awful things seem to be and I don't understand any of it.  I don't understand how these people can live this way and mock God the way they do and it all seems to be okay.  I can't stand having different issues and people's opinions rammed down my throat day after day and then I am called the bigot because I disagree or see things a different way.  How can this be?!?

David says when he sits back and gets in God's presences, he begins to understand what is going on here.  These people seem to be okay with life.  They seem to know what they are talking about and have it all together but the truth is they are so far from being okay.  Their own life style and choices make their life ruin.  They seem to walk a good path but their way is slippery. 

Only a life given over to God and built on the rock of Jesus can stand.  Things may seem bad and headed for worse but we can always stand on Jesus.  He and only He provides the foundation we need for a life that is worth living.  Keep the faith, keep walking the walk, live for Him and nothing else.  Acknowledge God in everything and He will make straight your path. 

may our LORD be with you
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment