Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Opportunity is knocking at your door

I want to keep it short today.  I know what your thinking...yeah right!!

When I started out in ministry, I could always come up with great ideas for ministry opportunities.  The problem was, my ideas were always on a huge scale.  I was told growing up that I was meant for great things and that to me meant nationally famous kind of things.  What I had to come realize is my definition of great and God's definition of great were two very different things. 

God's definition of great could be nationally famous or could mean ministering and loving on a small youth group of 20 students in a small town that no body outside of the state knows about.  Great, to God, could be living in a hut in the jungle, teaching the gospel to people whom everyone else has written off as savage.  Great could be starting a small church that meets in a school cafeteria. 

As long as Jesus is being glorified and people are giving their lives to him, your (what looks to be small) ministry is GREAT!! It is not small to God.  Anything that loves on people and bring glory to God is great. 

I am in the midst of starting a new branch of ministry that in human terms is small, but I am totally excited about it.  I will give more details when I can but for now, this is going to be a great opportunity. 

What is a ministry that you have been thinking about starting but didn't because it's "too small."  I have news for you, it's not small at all.  I always thought that doing things that didn't impact thousands of people was not worth my time but I was dead wrong.  God does amazing things through the "small", just look at David vs. Goliath.  God took all of my desires, the things that I wanted to do (on the huge scale) and showed me how I can fit those things into his plan.  God's plans and purposes are big enough to fit your huge and small ideas.

So many people think about "God's will" for their lives, wanting to know what it is that God has for them and then end up not doing anything.  God's will is for you to come to know Jesus Christ as your Savior and to then share his love and gospel with others who need to hear it, using the talents He has given you. 

So what is on your heart?  What is a ministry opportunity that is knocking at your door?  Big or small God wants to use you to impact the lives of other...so go answer that door. 

May our LORD be with you
Josh 

No comments:

Post a Comment