Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The RESULTS of the Spirit

Some of you may know, 2 weeks ago I went on a Mission trip to Joplin MO. That is the reason I haven't written in a while, trying to get caught up on stuff since returning. I do plan on writing about my trip but I had this idea and I wanted to get it out before I forget.

I started to read the book Forgotten God during my trip and something that I read made me have a think!

We are mostly familiar with the term "Fruit of the Spirit," but do we understand what that means?

I think we get caught up in the word "fruit," and don't really "get" what that means for us a believers. The word fruit means results or consequence of being led, by the Spirit.

So what the bible says is the RESULT of having the Spirit, being led by the Spirit, walking in the Spirit, etc. is....

LOVE

JOY

PEACE

PATIENCE

KINDNESS

GOODNESS

FAITHFULNESS

GENTLENESS

AND

SELF- CONTROL.

Do you possess these qualities, exhibit these qualities, live out these qualities as a RESULT of having God's Spirit in your life?

If not or if you struggle with these (and I know we all do, me included) we need to do 2 things...

Repent!!!!!

and ask God, the Spirit to give us and help us to live out these qualities!!!!

Our LORD is with you
Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment